Sunday, January 1, 2017

Hey folks, I'm Miss Daisy. Welcome to my blog!

I have my own business here in New Zealand, and although my job does involve sewing, my real passion is pinup and vintage fashion. I just love the elegance, and simplicity of 50s/60s design. I do dress like this every day, and yes, it does take more time and effort than throwing on a pair of track pants and a t shirt, but it makes me feel so good that it's totally worth the extra effort. I love when older ladies smile and tell me "My mother made me a dress just like that when I was young!" You can see in their faces how they felt when they wore that dress, and it makes us both grin from ear to ear. Or when wee girls catch sight of a flounced petticoat, and look up in amazement, never having met an adult that loves a good twirling skirt 😄

No comments:

Post a Comment