Tuesday, January 3, 2017

One can never have too many dresses!

So I purchased this cute fabric on a recent trip to Spotlight.




It was on their sale table for $4/m!!! Now if there's one thing I like more than a cute new dress, it's a bargain 😄 So all up with interfacing, contrast fabric, ric rac, braid etc, I guess this dress probably
cost around $25-$30. I made it using a pattern from Gertie's Ultimate Dress Book by Gretchen Hirsch, which I cannot recommend highly enough. It's the ultimate go to book for anyone who love sewing, and pinup style. So here's the one in the book..


I love the ric rac set into the neckline. So the main change that I made is cutting the skirt fuller, it was cut in 4 sections as the fabric was only 115cm wide. I also added a shaped contrast band to the hem, with horse hair braid to give the skirt more oomph!




Then appliqued the shaped hem down...


And here's the finished dress


















No comments:

Post a Comment